Why did I stop blogging? Hmmm.... the internet has been a bit of a time chewer really and I wanted to bring how I was spending my time into check. And I guess the other big reason is? It takes me ages to organize my thoughts and upload photos! I'm just not the quickest at this sort of thing. And it's Soooo hard to think with Kookaburra nattering in my ear.
Maybe I'll give it another go.
I like being able to flick back through and see the pics and the diary entries. *sigh* and I do like having contact with the outside world while I'm homeschooling. And I think it's good for others to read an imperfect blog about homeschooling. We have really bad days and absolute smashers at times - huge roller coaster ride. I'm selfish too. I get cross sometimes about this gift of being able to homeschool. At the moment, I'm dealing with feelings of bitterness. I've invested so much of Kangaroo's babyhood into Kookaburra's homeschooling that poor little Kangaroo has just had to wait... and wait... and wait. Kangaroo is four turning five now and other Mummies I know now have complete freedom during school hours because the kiddo's of Kangaroo's age are at school. While I'm at home going half crazy trying to always be the one dealing with my boys, their needs, wants, peculiarities. Don't get me wrong, I prefer this and I know I'm having a pity party but right now that's how I feel and I need to recognize the feelings so I can deal :)
On a brighter note, the year is going well and we are on track for this term. Yay, that was my goal - to make it to the other side and tick off my boxes. I like to tick off the boxes, it makes me feel like I've achieved my goals and I'm heading somewhere. So I guess I'll leave it there. Nothing inspiring today, just waying up whether I want to re-enter blogosphere again. Till next time, have patience with all small people, Grasshopper - because they grow way too darn fast!!!!
3 comments:
Hello dear one,
We are all imperfect and it's just nice sharing our journeys with each other. You are an awesome Mummy and a super-duper friend. :) I'd love you to get back into blogging! xo
Yay Jane - so nice to have you back!! (please say you will keep writing) It's just so nice to have another homeschooling Mumsy who admits to struggling! I appreciate that more than you know!!!
Anyway, if we didn't struggle there wouldn't be an excuse to have a glass of wine or two, so let's drink to homeschooling!!!!
That sounded really bad didn't it.
Anyway, much love to you and your crazy family from me and mine.
Yay, you're back! I think you need less boxes to tick ;)
But yes, sometimes I dream of a nice, peaceful, ordered house with three kids at school and one at kindy, and just a baby who still naps!
Post a Comment