A Big Day of Home Learning was planned. My plan of attack was well thought out and all I had to do was wait for the right time. But my big plans often become the victim of the day. So instead of achieving all the book kind of learning, we had visits from our Cool Cousins and had a day Full of Imaginative Play - extremely valuable.
King Kangaroo
Mermaid Princess Calamity
Spidey Danger Mouse and Butterfly Princess Cupcake
all played so beautifully, Until.... Disaster Struck!!!! As with all Kiddilies, there will be some misunderstandings. Princess Calamity and Kookaburra had the most gigantic Palm Leaves and were ushering in the Arrival of King Kangaroo when they must have whacked (accidentally, I'm declaring for the defendant :) the said tiny King. In a moment of Red Mist Haze, our little King lost his Marbles and struck at his heralds as if combatants for the crown and unfortunately Kookaburra came off a little worse for it.
Kookaburra groaned for quite some time after the said incident. But then, all was quite for a while until he emerged wearing the above self-applied first aid! Needless to say, I was a good combination of sympathy and laughter to this sorry sight.
During all this time, what was Brother Bear doing with himself? Well, he did have to install some glass at a local business but when that was done, here he sat, at our kitchen table, 'Gettin' him some learnin'.
Okay, so it can be said not a lot was achieved for my boys today except a whole lot of fun, laughter and tears, but I did Ed-U-Ma-Cate Brother Bear on a little Geography.
Confession
* All did not go well after King Kangaroo administered his blow to Kookaburra. A suitable Judgement and Talking to was handed down by this here, Queen of the Natives and there were many tears and protestations of innocence to be heard from Kangaroo's bedroom. Once the bedlam had subsided and admission of guilt extracted, the tiny terror was released. You'd think he'd be happy, but instead Kangaroo was in a fury about the hundred different inflicted tortures by everybody, he dredged up a multitude of mortal hurts which all fell onto my uncompassionate ears. Finally, he burnt that energy up and started to calm down by thwacking a large stick on a rock. I was absent from the scene but Kookaburra passed on the tale. Kookaburra warned Kangaroo not to do the aforementioned activity for fear the stick may break from the force applied and bounce back and hit the strike-ee in the head, this was met by growls and grumpiness from Kangaroo, who in the next moment really did have exactly that happen!!!! Chances of it! Poor Kangaroo, he was most upset :( But why the Confession? Because as Kookaburra was telling me this sorry story I couldn't stop killing myself laughing! Oops, Guilty as Charged. Bad Mumma ;)
Pride Point
* I made it through the day intact and so did the kiddo's :D
* We crafted, and I baked and even got some sheets changed and washed :)
Confession
* All did not go well after King Kangaroo administered his blow to Kookaburra. A suitable Judgement and Talking to was handed down by this here, Queen of the Natives and there were many tears and protestations of innocence to be heard from Kangaroo's bedroom. Once the bedlam had subsided and admission of guilt extracted, the tiny terror was released. You'd think he'd be happy, but instead Kangaroo was in a fury about the hundred different inflicted tortures by everybody, he dredged up a multitude of mortal hurts which all fell onto my uncompassionate ears. Finally, he burnt that energy up and started to calm down by thwacking a large stick on a rock. I was absent from the scene but Kookaburra passed on the tale. Kookaburra warned Kangaroo not to do the aforementioned activity for fear the stick may break from the force applied and bounce back and hit the strike-ee in the head, this was met by growls and grumpiness from Kangaroo, who in the next moment really did have exactly that happen!!!! Chances of it! Poor Kangaroo, he was most upset :( But why the Confession? Because as Kookaburra was telling me this sorry story I couldn't stop killing myself laughing! Oops, Guilty as Charged. Bad Mumma ;)
Pride Point
* I made it through the day intact and so did the kiddo's :D
* We crafted, and I baked and even got some sheets changed and washed :)
So what do you think? Am I a bad Mumma for laughing at poor Kangaroo's plight or am I mercilyless not alone and would have been joined by other Bad Mummy's in my fit of Hysterics ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment