Today has been slow... scratch that.... today has been relaxed! I've dusted, vacuumed and washed the floors, later after rests - because boy do we ever need a rest today due to so many late nights - I'll clean the bathroom. The rugs from my boys rooms are downstairs waiting for their turn to go through the wash after the couch covers. Our home is virtually all clean and tidy awaiting our weekend to start with Dadda. This morning we're all a little bit ratty so I've canceled art with the school this afternoon in favour of a completely restful day at home. Which by the way, I'd like to introduce you to!
She is a beautiful home and I'm so grateful that our family has landed here for a while.
We don't have a lot else planned today.
They've both completed their ten minutes of music today thanks to the Music Ace program and Kookaburra has spent some of his morning discovering the delights of Matilda by Roald Dahl. I'm so proud of him. Reading has been a enormous struggle and yet now he breezes through four chapters in one sitting. He's just finished George's Marvelous Medicine also by Roald Dahl and thought it was devilishly funny. I know my boy. He's a cackle head who loves to laugh at nonsense and the ridiculous so I thought these books would strike a chord with him. I've also sought out copies of most of Mr Dahls' books and they're waiting on his bookshelf for each of their turns to be read.
Well it's time for me to make lunch for our little lads and get a cup of coffee.... and toothpicks to hold my eyes open whilst I read to them ;) then we'll nap together and play our afternoon away. Sure is a hard life ;)!
1 comment:
Sounds like you're having a perfect day. :) I love home days.... but you already know that! Can't wait to see your new place xx
Post a Comment