Last Sunday I noticed a large envelope on the kitchen counter addressed to my inlaws. Striking strange I thought so I asked Mr E if they'd mistakenly left it here. Turns out the contents were meant for our Kookaburra and what could it be? And whom may they be from? Well an school friend of Mr E's parents is an author. A published Australian author who also writes short stories and novels for children and screen plays for various well known Aussie television shows - how wonderful is that! The package contained a second draft of an unpublished manuscript for our Kookaburra to read and 'see what he thinks'.
Tonight Mr E and Kookaburra were engrossed by the tale. A bit of laughing and approval from them both means that they should finish it off pretty quick so Kookaburra can reply to the gracious lady with his thoughts. Hopefully he'll remember to say a wonderful thankyou for such a privileged opportunity :).
A little pregnancy note before I go. It really was the loveliest thing to sign in to my blog and find your beautiful responses to our happy news. I truly love and treasure each of them. Thank you :). And I'll try to be good and post about it. I'm not a journal keeper, although I've definitely tried, so it would be nice to have a little diary recording this wonderful time for me (oh, I think I meant us!).
No comments:
Post a Comment