Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the things they say


Whilst deliberating over breakfast details this morning, happy little Kangaroo declares in his sweet innocence, that he loves his Daddy and I ssooooo much that he wants to marry us both when he grows up. Quickly interjecting with his own opinion of things, before I could get a word in edgewise was Kookaburra, full of eight year old wisdom and knowledge. Oh no, you can't do that he says, you'll end up with weird babies with fifty fingers because your blood is too close. Ahh, the joys of having two very different ages in the house :) Knowledge shared by the older with the younger before I can get a chance to sensor or edit.

Another beauty from the mouth of my babes today, was while I was trying to cuddle Kangaroo off to sleep. He's staring into my eyes going through the usual presleep ritual, lovingly whispering such endearing things as, 'Mumma I love you :) and, you're not alseep yet (he he), why aren't you alseep.' But Kangaroo threw me curve ball when he tells me , 'Mummy, why are your teeth yellow?' I know I've been addicted to coffee since his birth four years ago, but yellow?! Slightly miffed I redirected Kangaroo to what I thought was actually yellow, his favourite snakey torch with a bright yellow underbelly. No, I'm told, that's mustard!!!

Well, gotta go, seems I need to make a trip to the dental section of my local supermarket :)


2 comments:

SF said...

Gorgeous!! Yep, 'out of the mouths of babes' as they say. :)
See you soon. xo

Helen said...

Tee hee Jane!! Sometimes I feel it is better not to listen in on them and definitely better not to know what they are actually thinking. World domination I tell you!!!!!