Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sir Ken Robinson: Bring on the Learning Revolution! and other Weighty Issues



I 've neglected my poor little blog of late in favour of having a rather busy life and consequently I have a ridiculous amount of photos I now have to somehow pick through to find what I really want to diary about whilst contending with the continuity of life. So while I was dwelling on my internal struggle (so kidding) this morning, I came across a link for Sir Ken Robinson from TED. He is always informative, thoughtful and challenging and one day I'll get through all my current literature so I can order, guilt free, his book 'Out of Our Minds'.

As for our real life (not online), today we have a very full day planned. Friends from Toowoomba are coming to play for the day, my little nephew will be joining us too and it's also playgroup day. Lots of children and loads of fun and heaps of noise and I better get cracking soon on something baked to share. I'm thinking one cup slice and blueberry muffins will be the ticket.

Just jumping around on subjects here, well I did mention food - I'm now the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I refuse to look at my scales anymore because I weigh more then I did when I was due with my boys. My biggest difficulty in getting healthy is that I just don't care. Being time poor and always in the company of my children is limiting and sometimes I feel resigned and think I damn well should be able to indulge but I have to face it. I'm really uncomfortable so I need to take control. Oh yeah, and there are those incredibly valid health reasons too. How do I fix my attitude? It's terrible. I have a gym membership but honestly the gym is boring. I can't go to the classes because of the timing is all wrong for me. The best time for me to get there is at half past five in the am but truly I actually love my sleep and need it too, otherwise grumpzillar arises about two in the afternoon. Not great for parenting. Oh and my memory, which is dodgy to begin with, add increased tiredness and I'm sure I'm going to begin to forget the names of my own children. What to do? What to do? My old self is telling this current self to just do it. Haul that lazy backside out of bed and don't eat so damn much. I know I kinda want too but it's so much easier to make an excuse.

So there's my current dilemma. I've indulged too much and am now busting out of my jeans. I'm lacking will power and I like cake. I have to do something about it and soon because summer is rolling around before I can blink and forget about bikini's (rofl!!!!) I just want to be comfortable and at this weight, I'm just very not.

Well it's time to get stuck into my Tuesday morning and it's going to be a beautiful day. I'm sure to get some exercise running around after kiddo's today, I just need a lot of self-control when it comes to the afternoon tea spread. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Well I think you always look fabulous. I am in the same boat - I like my sleep, food and a glass of wine once in a while, and it is catching up with me. I've actually decided not to stress about it for this season though. I really need to catch up on sleep and it is too cold to wake up earlier to start the exercise routine. I am going to wait til it is warmer and then kick my butt into gear then. Well, that is the plan anyway.