Monday, March 15, 2010

Don't be so Snotty or we're all Drips really

Did you know that Mr E and I, well, we are so darn clever!

I know, I know!! I'm not supposed to say that aloud, only think it, but there it is, it's now officially out there. We are awesome parents for teaching our little boys the important stuff and ourselves, we set a great example too :)

I'm really very proud of how our family SHARES!!! We all share so well that for the first time in an age we have had or are currently enjoying that unbreathable, snottiness that only the really Great colds can bring on. Throw in some slight temps and persistently drippy noses and we have our weekend. We are all so clever, somehow we managed to infect our whole family this time - including me!!! I'm the Mummy, I never get sick!!! Famous last words... just hang for a tic while I grab another box of Kleenex :) Add that to the joy of having to exit our home for the viewing pleasures of potential buyers every day for the past three days, it inevitably equals one out of sorts household.

But I'm on the mend and Kangaroo looks to be in the very midst of it, while Kookaburra, I think, will be enjoying a leisure day tomorrow. No lessons and lots of stories, unless he wakes booger free in the morning. We'll see.

So we passed the weekend like this.....


A collage for Kangaroo and Mummy. I love the little face he drew on his 'rainbow' fish.


Saturn inspired collage for Kookaburra.


And a very little bit of 'Lord of the Rings' for me. This a scene right near the very beginning before Frodo jumps up and runs to join Gandalf on his wagon as they go to see Bilbo Baggins together.


Just enough to get some inspiration. Pastels again, the picture isn't very clear and the colours are so much better than what this pic conveys. The final pic I post will have to be a much better shot.

My goal was to prove I could be inspired from something other than someone else's work and I could put to paper an entire scene. Challenge nearly complete, but all that sitting still in one spot is very difficult. I get the wiggles after a bit ;)

This paragraph has helped me feel freer in trying out what I've always admired:

from The Complete Book Of Drawing Techniques by Peter Stanyer


'...we encounter our first problems with the art of drawing, we have fixed in our minds that to be successful with this skill our rendition of what we see must be nothing less than perfect. ... those who chase a visual truth through drawing, end up frustrated and feel a sense of failure. We cannot reproduce reality, we can only make a mark or statement that acts for that reality, or a mark or a statement that best suits our purpose to describe that reality - a metaphor.'


Isn't that liberating :)

2 comments:

SF said...

Hope you and all the boys feel better soon Jane! Please call if you need anything. Will you be up for cartwheels on Thursday night? ;P xo

Queen of the Natives said...

Always up for Cartwheels!