Friday, March 5, 2010

Get Ya Groove On



The level of crazy notched itself a little higher today. Just in case you don't know me, I'm thirty-two and about six months ago, I decided dancing would be a pretty awesome thing to have a go at and so I did, and it is awesome! I also have the uncomfortable principle, that if I won't get out there and have a go, what message am I sending our boys. We talk a lot about courage and being brave enough to follow what you want, even when you may face a few challenges. The point is that when I came home from dancing lessons last night, I disturbed the contented peace my poor hubby had created by crashing in, announcing that the current dance we're doing could possibly feature cartwheels! Consequently, our boys and I began wheeling our way through the house as best we could at eight in the evening trying not to damage ourselves or anything stationary. Loads of fun and we were back at it this morning. Kookaburra and I took a few pics and they look hilarious. We both actually thought our legs were straight, I even thought that my toes were pointed!! Oh so definitely not!!!



It's a bit difficult trying to get yourself upside down when you're laughing so hard :)



Like I said, gotta lead the way. Had nothing at all to do with fun factor. Purely fluffy good mummy stuff ;)


Kookaburra has been reading a book about microscopes and both he and Kangaroo got out our microscope to try looking at different things. Today it was salt crystals.

We realised quite a while ago that we actually need to invest in an excellent microscope with incredible zoom. They want to see plankton and cells and it's just not happening on this little one.



Happy 6th Birthday to our lovely little niece, Princess Cupcake!!!
May every day be as sweet as you are :)

Be sure to watch the vid right to the end and keep an eye on the little boy who is my nephew getting his groove on. He even gives a finale!! All the kids had a ball dancing to the live band tonight, especially this big kid :)






Kookaburra took some happy snaps for us. It's so great to be in a picture with my Mama.

1 comment:

SF said...

Good morning! Wow. Those cartwheels are amazing!!! Yes, you're a great Mama setting the example of trying new things for your boys. :) I really really don't think I can do cartwheels - I hope that's for your row in the dance and not mine!!
I'd love us to have a microscope too. Another thing to add to the wishlist. That photo of the two boys together is precious! And happy birthday to your special little niece. :)
Oh, and that photo of you and your Mum is beautiful! Have a great Saturday. xoxoxo