We are so sick this week.
But today we still dutifully managed to plug on with the basics of math and language arts. I have read for an hour but then I found that my voice just couldn't cope any longer. All three of us are snotty and coughing, and really struggling.
It wasn't so bad this morning when we started up, but our momentum came to a grinding halt by lunchtime. Even my lolly bribing during spelling - a recent and wonderful motivator, which I refuse to feel guilty about - was an uphill battle. So by twelve our reality looked like this:
Sucking lollies whilst watching Andrew Lloyd Webers Cats on youtube.
It's now half three and we're in for a movie.
I'm getting real. This is how it is and sometimes our home life looks like this when we don't have any excuses - we do it for fun!
I want my boys to spell well. They like lollies. For us right now, it's a perfect match.
We like Youtube. And we love movies. I'm in charge and I help them choose their view appropriately.
I can't imagine our media habits ever changing.
With all the happy homeschool talk on this blog I thought it would be nice to know that I'm far from getting it all right.
Very far. But our right sometimes looks a lot like this and at other times there are no lollies, no media and whole lot of the wholesome stuff. I think it's Balanced.
Do you have anything you want to 'get Real' about today?
(I did make chicken soup for tea :) do I get some redeeming points now :P)
(I double batched it yesterday, so maybe not :)
But today we still dutifully managed to plug on with the basics of math and language arts. I have read for an hour but then I found that my voice just couldn't cope any longer. All three of us are snotty and coughing, and really struggling.
It wasn't so bad this morning when we started up, but our momentum came to a grinding halt by lunchtime. Even my lolly bribing during spelling - a recent and wonderful motivator, which I refuse to feel guilty about - was an uphill battle. So by twelve our reality looked like this:
Sucking lollies whilst watching Andrew Lloyd Webers Cats on youtube.
It's now half three and we're in for a movie.
I'm getting real. This is how it is and sometimes our home life looks like this when we don't have any excuses - we do it for fun!
I want my boys to spell well. They like lollies. For us right now, it's a perfect match.
We like Youtube. And we love movies. I'm in charge and I help them choose their view appropriately.
I can't imagine our media habits ever changing.
With all the happy homeschool talk on this blog I thought it would be nice to know that I'm far from getting it all right.
Very far. But our right sometimes looks a lot like this and at other times there are no lollies, no media and whole lot of the wholesome stuff. I think it's Balanced.
Do you have anything you want to 'get Real' about today?
(I did make chicken soup for tea :) do I get some redeeming points now :P)
(I double batched it yesterday, so maybe not :)
2 comments:
it really is about finding a balance and finding what works for you. Sometimes motivation is hard to find, especially when everyone is unwell. Hope you are feeling better. xx
I love the real Jane!
I'm not sure why we all put so much effort into being anything but real! Real is where it's at baby. If there was more real, there would be a whole lot less crap and a lot less guilt, confusion and insecurities.
Sigh.
Post a Comment