Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tree Huggin' Hippies






My boys say the funniest things sometimes. Today from Kookaburra it was, 'Mum, those trees are so beautiful I just want to hug them.' I pointed out that he could if he wanted too. 'Oh!' and then his baby brother joined him.

I do think that Master Kookaburra may have been posing a little for me towards the end though :D but it can be a little hard to tell. The third picture is his specialty zoned out, faraway expression. Maybe it's more of a fifity/ fifty?

It's nice to sit down this evening and post something so sweet. Mr E left early this morning for a few days away with work and we miss him such a terrible lot, so this is a lovely little distraction because today was not all roses. Lessons were a little, tiny bit tough and I'm feeling bone weary tired and I've had a rising irritability in me which has been barely suppressed. Those bad old grumpy pants have wanted to rock us all afternoon. But now that my boys are safely in bed, asleep and I've had a little blogger therapy, I think I'll give myself what I really need - an icy cold shower to wash away the sticky heat of the day and go... to... sleep..... zzzzz! All night long - no damn cats better come rattling on our doors to be let in and a certain dopey puppy should wisely avoid yipping and playing on the verandah outside our bedroom windows otherwise I'll whip those mad, bad-ass, ol' grumpy pants out and someone may end up with a boot in the....

Well, Night all! Wishing everyone peaceful, happy dreams.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I think those trees look pretty huggable as well. So do those boys!