relax...
and have fun :)
I so loved hearing those words. Very wise and welcoming words from the artist my boys and I are hanging out with at the theater this month.

Painting a train carriage
Putting numbers on the precious books.
Even Little Kangaroo is encouraged to jump in and paint a few little symbols on those fantastic books. We're currently painting in the library scene of The Music Man.
We're working with an incredibly talented artist to help create some of the backdrops for the musical showing here at the end of the month. It's tiring managing my boys whilst they're here at the theater but with well packed bags, a movie or two, and the welcoming backstage crew we are getting to have a hand in a few things and we are learning so much, and managing the time when The Natives need to be occupied with other things.
I'm investing our time in the immersion of a positive environment and exposure to great role models. For us these are some of the keys to growing 'can do anything', happy, well rounded young men, I think - I'll get back to you on that in about ten years okay :)
What I do know is that we're all gaining so much by volunteering our time at the theater and I cannot believe my luck at falling in with such a great crowd.
2 comments:
Oh Jane - give over - they are lucky to be hanging with you!!
This is so awesome Jane, in so many ways!!! Not the least of which is that you are getting my library painted, thank you! ;) And for years I've wished to be more involved 'behind the scenes' doing the stuff you and your boys are doing. Such great experience. Awesome.
I love and adore our theatre, with all it's humanness and hurdles and quirks - it's just my favourite place (well, second to home) to be. :) Can't wait to get onto that stage tonight!
Post a Comment