Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snapshots of our 'Wicked' Day




We'd been waiting ever so patiently since last August to see our very first stage musical and wonderfully, as a family. I was apprehensive about the family friendliness of this musical but after scouring the net for every piece of video of the show I could and through seeking the advice of friends who had been to see it, I was able to piece together enough of the show to have a fairly accurate visual. Upon this information Mr E and I were able to make enough of an informed decision to chance it. After all, it's a mega load of dollars to have to walk out on.

We took our seats in the middle of the third road and I could feel excitement thrill us as we took in the amazing set. And then the music began! If you haven't seen or even heard of 'Wicked', check it out. Truly amazing. I frequently stole quick glances at the faces of all my boys in the dancing light cast from the stage, they were rapturous.

Wicked was truly amazing.

We wandered out of the Lyric theater on a total high with Wicked music drumming through our heads (and has remained there for the past week) but our thoughts turned pretty quickly to the hunt for an apparently new Max Brenners hiding away somewhere at Southbank. A misty, silvery drizzle began to gently fall upon us as we hurried in our hopeful search for the elusive chocolatier. It was such a romantic and blissful feeling to come in out of the cool wet air into the warm restaurant and then wrap our hands around intensely rich, hot chocolates.

A simply pleasurable day.

I love my men and it was so nice to be with just them. Even though we were surrounded by people wherever we went whilst in Brisbane, the busyness of the people couldn't touch us. Wrapped up tight in the cocoon of our family's togetherness it was so easy to get lost in us.

This is why we love to get away. The experiences, exposures to ideas and the wonder. And happily the exclusivity of our family unit. When we escape like this I feel like we float in a temporary bubble of complete happiness. Just for that moment no stresses or worries can touch us.


The display outside the theater was uber cool:




Loved that and this....





A chance for a lovely photo with my boys....


We traipsed back through South Bank over the Goodwill Bridge where bikes zoomed by at frightening speeds and over enthusiastic fitness peeps hammered the concrete past us, Kangaroo was inspired and took off in a run. He really makes me laugh!


A perfect end to a perfect day.

2 comments:

SF said...

Yay yay yay! Triple yay!!! :D

You know how happy I am that you got to do this. :) So glad you all loved it. xxx

Helen said...

Sounds absolutely lovely Jane - the chance to get away and be ourselves in a place where no-one knows you and there are no demands is precious. Glad you had a great time.