I'd love to write something riveting and interesting, funny and enlightening but... I'm too tired, and the school holidays have begun. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a late night and a great bottle of wine, yummo ;)
For me these school hols, mean its time to step up and be a good Aunt, to care for my nieces and nephew for at least part of the two week stretch. It is also the first time I'm actually facing the possible dilemma of what to do when it all goes to pack on the hols. Today is Day 1 and since 7.30 this morning, all the five kids have needed from me has been sustenance and a point in the right direction. I suspect this won't last :)
Well, I'm wrecked (I did mention that didn't I) and its half three, only a few more hours to go and the kiddo's will go home and then for my little fam it'll be bath, dinner, books, bed so it can all start again tomorrow.
I do have a theory though....
If it all goes terribly south, I know where the alchopop lives and I can join the kitten under my bed for refuge, then the kiddos can go 'Lord of the Flies' on each other and well, I'll miss the others but it really would be survival of the fittest.
For me these school hols, mean its time to step up and be a good Aunt, to care for my nieces and nephew for at least part of the two week stretch. It is also the first time I'm actually facing the possible dilemma of what to do when it all goes to pack on the hols. Today is Day 1 and since 7.30 this morning, all the five kids have needed from me has been sustenance and a point in the right direction. I suspect this won't last :)
Well, I'm wrecked (I did mention that didn't I) and its half three, only a few more hours to go and the kiddo's will go home and then for my little fam it'll be bath, dinner, books, bed so it can all start again tomorrow.
I do have a theory though....
If it all goes terribly south, I know where the alchopop lives and I can join the kitten under my bed for refuge, then the kiddos can go 'Lord of the Flies' on each other and well, I'll miss the others but it really would be survival of the fittest.
1 comment:
You really make me laugh Jane, and you are an AWESOME Aunty! :) Diving under the bed for cover sounds like a great plan to me! Honestly, you continue to inspire me with your generous spirit. Hope to catch up soon. :) xo
Post a Comment