Friday, February 4, 2011

Pet Antics


They look innocent don't they. Maybe even a touch of sweet?

Don't believe it. They're a pair of terrors.

This morning, before I'd even had a chance to wash my face and I'd barely thrown on my dress , my boys and I heard horrendous banging coming from under our little low-set house. We all looked at each other bracing for the moment when those two little pesky puppy dogs, completely blind and oblivious whilst in the throes of their rough and tumbling play, barge their way through whatever may be under our little house with little doggy regard for anything at all breakable. It's been happening all week and we've known that something was going to be broken but I haven't been able to do anything about it. By half seven this morning, with not even a bowl of cereal in the belly to fortify us, the terrible two had done it. Crash and smash they hit the pipe leading away from the bathroom basin and managed to snap the pipe right away from the join , leaving its' thread sitting nicely in the adjoining pipe and a clean break in it. To add insult to injury, my little darlings were even lapping the water up that had rushed out of the broken pipe into a nicely formed puddle.

So to cheer me up and anyone else suffering the pet blues I'm sharing a few pics of Miss Morgana lounging in some of her favourite sleeping places - well away from the dogs.

I love my cats.

They're adorable, funny, cuddly and don't break Anything!

Poor old silly puppy dogs. I still love them (even though I wanted to 'relocate' them this morning)!



She adores our book baskets scattered throughout the house.
Given a little space, none of them are safe even if she has to
contort herself into them.



Loves our lesson baskets too.


Queen Morgana surveying her domain. She cracks
my boys up especially when I throw in an ad-lib.



Bad Kitty on our kitchen table but really, she
was probably looking for somewhere
safe from puppy reach.


What? Who me? Yes, well... not so glamorous now are we
Queen Morgana but I guess everyone suffers a bit
of a slouch when watching the box.

All's forgiven madam.

Even the doggy disasters.


2 comments:

Helen said...

Hahahaha love those pics Jane. Had a good ol fashioned cack at the last one. Cats are just so superior - wouldn't think of involving themselves in such doggy mayhem!
Sorry to hear about your pipe though - hope it's not too expensive!

LJ said...

I have a staffy and a bull terrier and they are forever digging up our garden. We have built a fence TWICE as the dog keeps jumping it. It is now 6 foot and HE STILL DOES IT!!!!