Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Long Awaited Treat...

has finally arrived. Naturally, we waited till the eleventh hour to part with our voucher for the kiddies to go horse riding. Only yesterday, Brother Bear and I called with baited breath the Horse Riding School regarding a suitable time and fortunately here we are on Sunday, the ride completed and loved!!!!!




Kookaburra was dubious but excited, apprehensive and a dash of nervous.




Princess Calamity on the other hand was Kookaburra's polar opposite. Brimming with excitement, her little face glowed with the coming of the horses.



Two hours of moseying along in the saddle, trotting through Australia's beautiful bush listening to her soundtrack of Galah's and Cockatoo's, pretty Nice way to spend a Sunday morning :D

I'm going to mark this one up for the future, as an excellent confidence building exercise and next time Kangaroo will be coming too.

*btw - every now and again or perhaps more often than not, I'm going to post a Confession and a Pride Point at the end of a Post. Why? Confessions are to keep me real and human and usually humorous, the Pride Point helps me feel like I accomplished something whether it be trivial or grand. So here goes:

Confession:
* I loved horse riding today. Kookaburra had someone else to ask his gazillion questions of and therefor gave my poor little cabbage ears a chance to rest.
* I refuse to enter our playroom/ storage room because it's a freaking tragedy and if I close the door I can be oblivious to it's existence :)
* And I let my kiddo's run around the backyard freezing wet because I ran their bath too hot.
* One more, I can't wait for Kangaroo to hit the sack because if he bellows"MMUUUUMMM!!" once more, we may end up one less child here at Irini :P

Pride Point:
* Floors cleaned and washed.
* Herme's bird cage completely scrubbed and sanitised all ready for him to flutter and poop his little heart out in. Just got to put everything back where it belongs and I'm ready to start the new week.
* Had a great time with my son's today.

Hmm... well, that looks kinda balanced :D

2 comments:

Vic said...

Great day! I love your Confessions and Pride Points too. Vic xx

SF said...

I have been horseriding there once, and loved it too ( though I had a sore bottom for days!). :D Glad you and your little man got to do this together - nice memories. :) xx