Saturday, October 30, 2010

In just 24 hrs...



under 8's day




we didn't make it past the emergency vehicles :D




One happy little Kangaroo driving the Ambulance




Paramedic Kangaroo and patient Kookaburra





Woohoo! The Fire Brigade!!! I hope that they're ready for the gazillion
questions coming their way.





Inside access to the Fire Engine.
These little boys are so excited!





One on one with Mr. Fire Brigade and what a gem of a man.
He answered the questions and show and told for quite a while.
Our boys always have another question up their sleeve
and they have no hesitation asking.




So that's the other side of the news!
Questions about the Channel 7 crew filming a segment
near the park we were visiting.
It's so much fun realizing what kids thought and then
seeing them realize what actually is.




Scootering and exploring.




I love the purple carpet the Jacaranda's drop every Spring.




Such happy kids.




They have done so much this week and have been incredibly active.




Seriously happier together this week :)




I Love this photo!!!
Kookaburra is so, so very happy here. My Beautiful Boy :)





Baking a cake.
Inspired by Junior Masterchef which we've started watching online.





We all enjoyed the results a little too much.




Kangaroo is 'hunting myself a plum bird'.




Playing cowboy with his op shop find.
Kangaroo didn't have to think too hard about parting
with his pocket money for his companion.
He's named 'Star Bright' named after the colts in the book
Farmer Boy
and Kangaroo's bum has barely left the pony's saddle.




Beach fun last weekend was such a hit
that we're making it a Friday afternoon ritual.





Roll on Summer Sunshine :D




I'm really enjoying taking photo's of my boys at the moment.




Actually, I'm also having loads of fun just taking photo's.



Trying to capture all those special moments.




They do ask me to put the camera away and come play though.





With or without the camera I'm glad I'm not missing a thing.




I have been struggling a bit this week though.



Grumpy, irritable and even a bit angry - a nasty ball of tight horribleness sitting in the pit of my stomach gnawing my innards. I can't really figure out why. I suspect the source. So today I'm going to have some me time. I'm off to the beach with a beautiful, sweet friend and we're going Kayaking and then, just because I'm nuts and terrified of sharks, I thought it would terrifyingly hilarious to go to the shark show afterward. Hopefully it won't reinforce my fears too much but I think it will be crazy, scary, funny to see just how close to being shark bait we'd come.

I think I need to practice gratefulness too. Our life is so good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a little update. That shark show we were going to see was suitably terrifying and consequently there will be more visits to the pool this summer than the beach. Even though I look over my shoulder in the pool as well as the beach, I know in which I'm least likely to be consumed by such a savage killing machine.

:P

1 comment:

SF said...

Love this post! :D I too have a fear of sharks - I don't know where it came from, but it's there.

And I too love love love taking pictures, especially of my kids. :) We got up to the beach twice last week too, and are all enjoying this warmer weather! xx