I want to lounge around, have endless cuppas and facebook whilst googling and pretend like I'm achieving something.
Then occasionally I do find something worthy of further thought.
Awake before five yesterday morning so a walk to the corner shop for the milk and paper led us to a garage sale a few blocks away and in return for the early morning effort we spent about twelve dollars and received about half a dozen 'new' costumes. The early bird gets the Worm ;)
Something to kick start me.
To inspire me, to really make me desire to be a better mother - to love, care and discipline, to love my home more by caring for it properly, try a little harder with the Homeschooling, to truly be a more considerate wife and to really want to make time to grow myself.
To inspire me, to really make me desire to be a better mother - to love, care and discipline, to love my home more by caring for it properly, try a little harder with the Homeschooling, to truly be a more considerate wife and to really want to make time to grow myself.
Have you met Anne Elliot?
So far I'm really enjoying what she has to say and am focusing on her Foundations of Life Long Learning List. I'm spending some time examining myself and being truthful over problems in our little lives and what are proactive, structural changes I can make to help support my family as we grow together.
And truly, being organised and beginning with making a to do list and following through with it, flexibly of course and really stopping to be with our boys and enjoying their company, has made a massive difference to our weekend. I have caught up on lots of jobs and am keen to keep everything ship shape. I'm stopping Kangaroo as he slips in a last word when being 'spoken' too and giving real consequences and boundaries for negative behaviour from our boys. I'm also not feeling as flustered and so am finding I'm not raising my voice (rarely :) and am actually sounding logical when explaining what the problem is (counting to twenty before I speak is working like a gem too). I'm also watching for idle hands (all round :P), because whilst it's wonderful to have our children growing up in so much freedom, too much freedom leads to poor character traits.
so..
You reap what you sew,
so..
You reap what you sew,
and
If it's Meant to be it's up too me.
Now I've just got to make time to read beyond just Part One!!! I'll put it on my list :D
3 comments:
Thank you!!! Tell your kids I love their leopard costumes...
~Anne
Yes, to-do lists, preventing idle hands, sticking to our goals and counting to 20 all help us too. :)
Thanks for the inspiration Jane. And I had never met Anne Elliott, but now I have! Thank you! Loving that leopard face paint. ;) xx
Jane, Jane - sigh. You ARE amazing!! It would be great to superwoman wouldn't it! But in reality we are who we are, we just have to work hard at all of that stuff and keep it all balanced. Sigh. I have a little quote calendar on my window sill above the sink, which is permanantly stuck on June 12 which reads "getting things accomplished isn't nearly as important as taking time for love" - I so agree, but then you can accomplish great things if you do it lovingly. I think I need a good lie down. And a coffee. And three or four hours of reading all by myself and forget about homeschooling and working and being responsible.....
Post a Comment