Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's Puppy Love


We love our pets.

They are our friends and loyal companions, always waiting to make the dark halls of our home bright with their unconditional love and valuable friendship. Our home would lack soul without our little friends.

Joining our family over the weekend is a mate for our Staffy Thor.

Meet Domina (~Min-na~)



She is beautiful and gentle and just a couple of kilo's of soulful love. (can't get these italics to turn off :P)


Last week we read the following poem by A.A. Milne and if you have a dog in your life you'll know just how true the words are :)



Puppy and I

I met a Man as I went walking:
We got talking,
Man and I.
"Where are you going to, Man?" I said
(I said to the Man as he went by).
"Down to the village, to get some bread.
Will you come with me?" "No, not I."

I met a horse as I went walking;
We got talking,
Horse and I.
"Where are you going to, Horse, today?"
(I said to the Horse as he went by).
"Down to the village to get some hay.
Will you come with me?" "No, not I."

I met a Woman as I went walking;
We got talking,
Woman and I.
"Where are you going to, Woman, so early?"
(I said to the Woman as she went by).
"Down to the village to get some barley.
Will you come with me?" "No, not I."

I met some Rabbits as I went walking;
We got talking,
Rabbits and I.
"Where are you going in your brown fur coats?"
(I said to the Rabbits as they went by).
"Down to the village to get some oats.
Will you come with us?" "No, not I."

I met a Puppy as I went walking;
We got talking,
Puppy and I.
"Where are you going this nice fine day?"
(I said to the Puppy as he went by).
"Up to the hills to roll and play."
"I'll come with you, Puppy," said I.

by A.A. Milne


Welcome Mina

and even though you kept me awake most of last night and have pooped and wee-ed everywhere, as you sleep softly snoring and snuffling on my lap as I type, I know that we have made the right decision and already we love you :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

K

Helen said...

Aaaah Jane. You big moosh!!! How cute is that puppy!!!!! Lucky, lucky Minna to be living with you guys. I can see endless strolls over wooded hills, muddy paws and galloping, ecstatic children. Yay.Go you good thing!