Monday, December 27, 2010

Gifted


It was a beautifully quite Christmas this year.


We don't have a chimney so we leave out a magical Santa key for our jolly visitor.

The preparations were subdued
but the excitement was definitely not.



Christmas morning we were woken extraordinarily early as expected but it was to cries of Kookaburra shouting, 'The cats going to vomit!!'. Well, Merry Christmas to you too babe :P!


Santa left one special gift, covered in 'Santa dust' as our boys called it. Hammocks! They were so pleased.


Their other gifts come from us.

Kookaburra received a beautiful wood puzzle which vexed our boy for not long enough. He has an incredible way about puzzles and building projects (lego, knex, you name it, he can almost always do it incredibly quick :).


Merry Christmas Mum!


Kookaburra crafted a nifty little treasure chest for Kangaroo with a very clever cardboard lock on it. He left it for Kangaroo to paint as he pleases.


A gift for Dad also made by Kookaburra.


Now this is the coolest! A recycled, handmade wallet with used sim cards sewn onto the front and back.


A nice traditional snakes and ladders game for Kangaroo. No shiny bells and whistles and flashing things which make a gazillion different noises. Just plain old snakes and ladders. Good fun.


Dig a dinosaur.




Finished in less than a few hours!



Hammocks have been hung and now our Natives have a new place to chill. Thanks Dadda :)

We haven't caught up with family this Christmas but we have had so many reasons to catch up during the year that although we missed them, I don't feel too guilty about enjoying how nice it was to hang out at home and have a very relaxed Christmas. Apart from our Cool Cousin Crew, all of our relatives live a few hours drive from us :( and with all this rain our highways aren't at their best so I'm very glad to be staying put at the moment.

During a yummy breakfast we read the Nativity story to keep our focus on 'the reason for the season'. Christmas night Mr E and I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' - that is one fantastic movie. And you know, I know it sounds corny, but it sure is 'a wonderful life' :)

I hope you all had as sweet a Christmas and we wish everyone a wonderful new year filled with loads of love, joy, peace and happiness.

1 comment:

SF said...

It sounds like your Christmas Day was very similar to ours. :) Quiet and relaxed. I did miss my family, but I'm glad we had time at home just us. Hope we can catch up soon!