Friday, January 21, 2011

An Award?! YAY!

Thanks so much to The Clip Cafe for, drum roll please:




Eeek! An Award :D Thankyou

Rules for accepting this award are:

1. Thank & link back to the person who awarded you this (Done Above).

2. Share 7 things about yourself.


*Being a Homeschooling Mumma changed my life and our families life and I'm so incredibly glad and forever grateful for it.
(number one, I think it, dream it, breathe it and have panic attacks over it)

*I'm an Adult piano student and will be grading for Grade 2 in 2011 and I also started singing lessons six months ago purely because it would be awesome fun which it is but woah! it's not as simple as open your mouth and let it fall out - I'm pretty disappointed over that :D

*I love a good chick flick - think 'Time Travellers Wife', 'PS I Love You', 'The Mysterious Case of Benjamin Buttons' - always ends me in a sob :)

*I'm an introvert who pretends to be an extrovert. It's a cover as I'm pretty self-conscious and hugely uncomfortable around people. I have a little private fear that I've become so accustomed to being drowned out in conversations that I think I may have lost the skill of conversing or the desire too.

*I adore my Husband, but not when he's driving me nuts. If only he'd learn that my way is the way :D But seriously he is some kind of wonderful - supportive, loving, caring and crazy smart (huge bias here ;)

*I wish I could have been a parent later in life. I would have read more and experienced children and families so I had more of a clue when we began ours. I feel so sad for my boys that they had to be our poor little guinea pigs. *sigh* I'm told time and again, we're all on our own journey.

*I'm the middle child with a sister and three brothers and I was the one that nearly always started the fights, was always in trouble, and read around the clock. I think my dream job would have been to run away to the circus - Cirque du Soloel anyone?

*I'll throw in an eighth one - I use way too many and's on my blog and I don't edit properly when it's late at night :P

3. Pay it forward to 10 great bloggers (Below).

4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award (Done).

I would like to pass it on to these bloggers:


With My Own Two Hands

Wonder In the Woods

Home Revolutions

Simple Life DIY

Ferns by the Fireside

Deb at Science @ Home

Oxlade Exploits

Twig and Toadstool

The Knitty Gritty Homestead

Faith Hope & a Whole Lotta Love


Please take a moment to drop by their beautiful Blogs. These ladies are something special. They offer so much to our blogger community, beauty, wholesomeness, creativity and spirituality. I love what they do so much.

6 comments:

TwigandToadstool said...

Thank you for including our blog on your list! There's a few on your list I haven't heard of yet, so I'll definately pop by for a visit, (these awards are great way for folks to discover new blogs) I wanted to say that I did do a post once on our blog called "let's get real"...it's buried in our archives...we're currently trying to do a major cleanup of our blog, I'm hoping to put our personal posts like that under an "about us" page...likely to happen sometime next week! Nice to hear from you and thanks again!
xo maureen

Vic said...

Thanks Jane! You have so not lost the art of conversation! I love chatting with you! As for having kids later in life, I think all children are their parents guinea pigs, no matter how old the parents are! It is all a journey, we just have to try and stuff it up as little as possible and you are doing an amazing job! From what I've seen of your beautiful boys, very little stuffing up has gone on, they're divine! Talk soon, Vic xx

admin said...

ohh thank you XO

SF said...

Lovely girl, thank you! :D
It was nice to read your "7 things" too. :) We MUST catch up soon!
Min xxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this lovely award! I just got home and saw the comment in my email. Once you comment the first time, then your comments will show automatically and those are the ones I could see away from home. It is so nice to get an award. I'm going to catch up on some vacation nature pics and blogging, and then hope to answer the questions and post about the award. When the sun comes up I am going to unload the van. Whew what a trip! :) ~Cori at Wonder in the Woods

LJ said...

Thank you so much for this award. How lovely. I have been MIA latelt and only just saw this now. how kind. I do love your blog and your kids are just gorgeous.