Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chillin' With My Crew

There was no sleeping in for me this morning. Four fifty am my alarm rocks it out with Pink singing 'Funhouse' at top notch and if I ignore her she'll only be back in five minutes. This is the fourth week of my new get fit lifestyle change and four fifty am is rapidly becoming my new rising time. Rising early is perfect for getting to the gym or going for a run (read that as walk/ slow run - but I'm building up to it!) and I'm finding that I can even ride to the gym and be home a little after half six in plenty of time to say 'Hi Mr E!', before he leaves for work. Unfortunately if I skip out and think I'll go to the gym in the evening it rarely happens, so morning is best.

So with an exercise regime once more becoming a good part of my lifestyle, I'm feeling pretty positive about lessons starting up again this week. Healthy body, healthy mind definitely goes hand in hand for me. I'm less likely to get down, be moody and grumpy and pick fights with Mr E - he does Muay Thai so it's not like I'm even getting an equal opponent really.

I guess the only other big things happening for us are the beginning of music lessons for me again and our boys should be starting Scouts sometime soon (broke anybody? Kinda!). This year we have swimming and Scouts for both our boys and Kids Muay Thai for Kookaburra, and we hope to begin volunteering at the Sanctuary in the next few weeks. Oh and the occasional morning in the park for Tai Chi. I've been worried about over-scheduling because I also want our local homeschoolers to get together once a month for a play, craft and games with plans for an eventual co-op (maybe) and get Kookaburra and his mate together one morning a week to work on a project together.

Oh well, one day at a time and there is always the option of pulling out if something becomes too much.

Whilst our little town is busy filling out the last of their school lists I got to pick up a few needed supplies for our little homeschool. The most exciting purchases have been two age targeted tennis rackets, high vis tennis balls, hula hoops, markers, Frisbees and a little rounder cricket set. These are all to get us out of the house for our new Physical Education program. We'll be using Anne Elliot's Homeschool P.E. (...for the P.E. Challenged Mom) and The Ultimate Homeschool Physical Education Game Book. If this all goes well I'll begin to incorporate Cross Fit Kids which is wonderfully completely free.

As always our boys have been carrying out their own little plans here at home. Here's a glimpse....


Apparently it's never too early on a Saturday morning to play the clarinet.


And when one begins the other must follow. So loud!!! Then they went out to a Bunnings Kids Workshop for some Dadda time and came home with cool little flags for Australia Day on Wednesday. The rest of the day was passed in their experimental ice bath (what didn't they freeze! and the mess in my chest freezer will need defrosting and cleaning :) I think two little boys will be giving me a hand) bike rides, and a chillin' arvo watching TV with Dadda taking in Charley Boorman's 'Right to the Edge: Sydney to Tokyo by any Means'. Absolutely recommend but as always, watching with a parent is best so we can skip anything not appropriate which was very little.




Only a sampling of what they froze :D!




The State Emergency Services Lego vehicle was ready in case anybody needed rescuing. Judging by all the cars frozen at the bottom of the bath tub, they may need to improve on picking up distress cues.

Today my house is a disaster zone but I'm willing to ignore it in the name of fun and family. Hard life hey?! I'm sure I'll get to it soon and the thing is, housework will always be there but my family as they are, right now, at this moment, won't be. So I'm going to catch this precious time with all my men and take in a trip to a little out of the way beach to collect cuttlefish for Hermes and refresh our shell supplies.

And it's a beautiful day out there so I'll say see ya later and whatever you do I hope you and yours have an awesome Sunday chillin' with your crew :D!

No comments: