If you check out my right hand side bar you'll see.... Ta Da! Kangaroo and Kookaburra nagged me into submission and we have created their own blogs :D! Completely moderated, edited and controlled by Mumma Me, they are only little 'uns after all! Unbeknown to my little men they'll be learning a heck of a lot about computer skills, online safety, writing and communication skills. I know there will be a lot more to be gained from this exercise but most importantly, they want to do this. My boys want to know how to create and write a blog. They've seen me enjoying Iri'ni as my place to chronicle our family's happenings and homeschooling journey and inspired by this, they wanted to create their own online place for whatever they may want to blog about. Aah :D Internal motivation is becoming a key to unlocking learning in our home. Yeehaa! I'm pretty pleased. Our first years of homeschooling have been a bit of a hard slog but I do believe that this year we'll begin to reap the real rewards. Homeschooling is challenging but I think, just maybe, hopefully, we might be over that bump and if I'm clever enough (Ha! *says a quick prayer*) homeschooling should get easier from here on in.
Due to this bloggy creativeness Kookaburra has discovered that he would Really like to be able to type. Google one free typing program and we came up with BBC Schools Dance Mat Typing. One hour later Kookaburra had learnt his home row and probably more (I wasn't peaking over his shoulder, too much to do). Kookaburra has named his blog Gum Tree Kid Hideaway - too cool - and has produced his first drawing tutorial for other kids. This one is about World War I Bi-Planes.
So Kangaroo is looking to use his blog, The Lone Musketeer, to write fairytales and stories, with illustrations by him. He's a prolific producer of arts and bits so it'll be great to have a nice place for him to have it all after a year when the paper has been stored away in a scrapbook on top of the cupboard.
Well, I guess they've caught my addiction and somehow I need to dig down deep within to find my sharing powers because I know my boys will be wanting to blog more than I want them too. Sigh.
Well, asides from the me needing to share issue, they've happily caught the blogging bug for now, and I'm excited for them. I'm looking forward to seeing how far they'll go with it and what will be gained from their new hobby.
Due to this bloggy creativeness Kookaburra has discovered that he would Really like to be able to type. Google one free typing program and we came up with BBC Schools Dance Mat Typing. One hour later Kookaburra had learnt his home row and probably more (I wasn't peaking over his shoulder, too much to do). Kookaburra has named his blog Gum Tree Kid Hideaway - too cool - and has produced his first drawing tutorial for other kids. This one is about World War I Bi-Planes.
So Kangaroo is looking to use his blog, The Lone Musketeer, to write fairytales and stories, with illustrations by him. He's a prolific producer of arts and bits so it'll be great to have a nice place for him to have it all after a year when the paper has been stored away in a scrapbook on top of the cupboard.
Well, I guess they've caught my addiction and somehow I need to dig down deep within to find my sharing powers because I know my boys will be wanting to blog more than I want them too. Sigh.
Well, asides from the me needing to share issue, they've happily caught the blogging bug for now, and I'm excited for them. I'm looking forward to seeing how far they'll go with it and what will be gained from their new hobby.
1 comment:
How fabulous Jane, what a great way for them to record their thoughts, accomplishments and activities! xx
Post a Comment